[nesn_embed service=springboard src="http://cms.springboardplatform.com/embed_iframe/899/video/1559179/nesn008/nesn.com/10"]

The Boston Red Sox just got one of their leaders back.

Dustin Pedroia was activated from the 15-day disabled list Tuesday before Boston took on the Toronto Blue Jays at Fenway Park. The second baseman re-aggravated a hamstring injury on July 22 and was sidelined ever since. But Pedroia is back and he feels "strong."

"I'm not worried about getting through the game this time," Pedroia said on "Red Sox First Pitch" before Tuesday's game. "I'm worried about trying to play good. Last time I felt -- I was trying to do something here-or-there to help us win. I didn't feel strong. ... I don't know if I was ready."

Hear more from Pedroia in the video above.

Thumbnail photo via Troy Taormina/USA TODAY Sports Images