[nesn_embed service=springboard src="http://cms.springboardplatform.com/embed_iframe/899/video/1566471/nesn036/nesn.com/10"]

It wasn't Wade Miley's best outing, but it didn't matter in the end.

The Red Sox left-hander gave up four earned runs, nine hits and four walks while striking out three over five innings in Boston's 9-5 extra-inning win over the New York Yankees on Wednesday.

"I was able to put a battle in there and keep it at four," Miley said on "Red Sox Final" after the game. "I mean the offense did a really good job getting the lead, I just didn't do my part in that. That's a tough lineup over there, didn't really execute the pitches like I wanted to, but it is what it is. We battled."

Hear more from Miley in the video above.

Thumbnail photo via Brad Penner/USA TODAY Sports Images